Sounds and/or Music
– JUANJOSÉ RIVAS : horse’s jaw, brackets, modified muzzles, electronics
– ULRICH KRIEGER + CARMINA ESCOBAR : saxophones, amplified voice
– JASON BROWN + AMAR RAVVA : patches, surfaces, the box
All the way from Tenochtitlan (a.k.a. Mexico City) Juanjosé Rivas, a fundamental being of the experimental sound art in Mexico, will perform the piece M: Mascullar Serie: Plexus — a sound action for horse’s jaw, brackets, modified muzzles and electronics. Plexus is a series of sound actions based on different body movements which try to generate a symbolic dialogue between physical concepts throughout sound improvisation such as: error, randomness, and the stochastic in order to describe some kind of body phenomena.
- Find yourself in front of “FULL HOUSE RESTAURANT” located at 963 N. Hill Street in Chinatown.
- Locate the alley on the left hand side of Full House.
- Walk about 20 feet down the alley (away from the street).
- Notice dumpster on your right hand side.
- Take a right and continue down the alley.
- Exercise caution so as not trip on the wobbly cement blocks underfoot
- The entrance to Betalevel is located 10 yards down on left side, behind a red door, down a black staircase.